History of NaBloPoMo

NaBloPoMo (aka National Blog Posting Month) was created by Eden Kennedy who wrote:

In 2006 I started NaBloPoMo as kind of a joke because I'd failed at NaNoWriMo the previous year. I decided that if I couldn't write a novel in thirty days, at the very least I could post on my blog every day for a month. I thought maybe thirty or forty people would do it with me. We ended up with around 2,000 bloggers, I think. In 2007 we moved to a real web site and got almost 6,000 people, and by January of 2010 we had more than 16,000 members. WHERE DID ALL YOU PEOPLE COME FROM?!

In 2010 Eden sold NaBloPoMo to BlogHer.

On November 1st, 2011, the old NaBloPoMo site (hosted at Ning) was closed, and NaBloPoMo was hosted at BlogHer.com.

2016 appears to be the last year that BlogHer hosted NaBloPloMo. By the end of December 2016 there was no longer a NaBloPloMo section on BlogHer. (Though BlogHer may still have other writing challenges with different names.)

Although there no longer appears to be an official host site for the traditional NaBloPloMo, some bloggers still take up the challenge individually or with other groups of bloggers. An online search for "NaBloPloMo" and the current year, might help you find some of these blogs and groups.